Sunday, December 7, 2008

Do You Hear What I Hear?


Can you hear it? It is the tiny little voice telling you that Christmas is almost here. Something like 18 more days - OMG!!! I have so much to do, I'm not even sure where to start. Every year it seems like there is less time to prepare for the holidays, they just keep getting here faster and faster. Or is that just me getting old?
O.K., time to quit complaining, and time to get busy. My dirty little secret is I just love all the craziness! I love having a million things to do, I love being busy. My husband thinks I am insane, and after 10 wonderful years of marriage (our anniversary just passed), I have managed to get him involved with crafting. If I had a mustach, I would be twirling it right now. I am so proud!
This year for our anniversary I convinced my husband we should make gifts for each other. After all, what could show our love better than something from the heart. I can't believe he actually did it. He sent me out for the afternoon last week (major bonus!) and he stayed home with the kids and made me presents. He even baked me a cake! Poor thing tried to melt chocolates, but he scorced them and it seized:( But the kids were still so excited, they told us they really like crunchy chocolate.
In all fairness, I thought I should make him something that was out of my comfort zone. I did a scrapbook of our years together. I have to say I have an entirely new admiration for you scrapbookers. I never quite understood how hard it is, or how creative the process could be. Well, this has been an amazing weekend! And now I get to really focus on the holidays:)
I'm so excited about all the projects I have planned, including making a life size gingerbread family for my front yard. I found a craftperson on etsy to cut out the gingerbread pieces for me. I've already started painting them and can't wait to see how they turn out. Pics to come!
Enjoy getting into the holidays everyone!

No comments: